Saturday is quickly approaching, and I would like to provide a few points to help with attending hockey this season:
- Please have your player dressed in their hockey gear as much as possible before entering the arena. Chairs will be provided in the lobby to put skates on, and change rooms are available for those who need them.
Enter building no earlier than 15 minutes before scheduled ice time.
- Bring your own water bottle filled with water. The fountain will not be available. Please ensure the water bottle is labelled with your player’s name. If you do not have one, we have many new bottles available at the arena, kindly donated by Scotia Bank.
- Please self-assess for Covid-19 symptoms before attending the arena. If you or your player are experiencing symptoms, no matter how minor, please stay home and prevent the potential spread. Better to be safe and miss a game or practice.
- Masks are mandatory for all persons in the arena.
- You will be required to sign in at the front entrance for contact tracing purposes.
- Spectators must not remain in the lobby. You will be asked to sit out in the arena to watch your player.
Once your player leaves the ice surface, please remove skates, and exit the arena in a timely manner (within 15 minutes after stepping off the ice)
Although hockey will be back to normal as much as possible this year, Covid restrictions are still in place and are being administered according to the Public Heath Unit, Ontario Minor Hockey Association and the North Hastings Community Centre.
It’s important to understand that Bancroft Minor Hockey is made up of volunteers doing their part to ensure a safe hockey experience. If you do not agree or are refusing to comply with any of the protocols in place, please do not attempt to enter the are an and contact me or Melissa Bodden. I ask that you not confront or complain to the volunteers at the desk taking names and numbers for contact tracing, they are just doing what is being asked of them by OMHA and the arena.*** Be aware that as of September 22, 2021, the arena is requiring that all persons entering the arena must show proof of being fully vaccinated before entering. That includes coaches, parents, spectators, and players who are eligible to receive the Covid-19 vaccine. Any exemptions due to medical or Ontario Human Rights Code violations must be cleared by the manager of the arena prior to entering the arena. More information is coming about this.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding,